Friday, May 11, 2012

Making My Own Make Up Board...



 - This is the original picture I bought from Goodwill.  It was amusing on it's own, since it's so true.  I got it for 1.60.

It was a huge ordeal getting the metal sheet for the magnets to stick to.   Anyone planning to do this go to Ace NOT Menards, Menards was awful.

I am planning to spray paint the frame and probably do different paper or fabric on the sheet of metal, I'm just trying to save funds so I stuck with paper I had and figured I could always spray paint later.

I left a space blank I'm waiting til I find an awesome picture to put there.

I have had a few things fall out, but that's because of the glue I used (it was cheap) and not because of the metal sheet or magnets.  At least I know that much, at some point I need to get better glue.
 - Sorry this shot is sideways.   Thanks Blogger.

I'm trying to put just some of my everyday stuff on here.   I don't really have a lot of everyday stuff honestly so I've added some shadows I figured could be go to stuff.   Mascara, primer, remover, etc.
 - Inside the little basket thing.  I got it at the dollar store.   I just kind of put brushes and other primers in here atm, I need to clean those brushes too, so sorry if they look a bit less than stellar.
- And a cute little piggy magnet I have, he guards the makeups.

My mom also made me a magnet I haven't put up yet.

Have you ever made a make up board?  I wanted to because I thought it'd be fun and because I know the apartment I'll be moving into is going to have like no bathroom space at all pretty much and I thought this would help.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! What a great idea! Totally must make one now!

Shopping Addict said...

It was a lot of fun putting it together. And I'm sure it's going to be really helpful with space and what not.

Lucy said...

This is a great idea, and looks really pretty (love the piggy as well!)

frockandrollonline.com said...

This is an amazing idea! I've never thought of (or even heard of) a make-up board before, but wow... yours looks great! You've totally inspired me :)

Heather said...

Love it! Great idea.

Shopping Addict said...

Lucy: Thank you, I collect pigs and I thought he'd work well on the make up board too lol

Corrine: I'm glad I inspired you, you should make one, they're a lot of fun and useful.

Mrs. Makeup: Thank you <3

Take A Peek...